If and When

[Copy link]
View171 | Reply0 | 2023-9-13 06:58:59 | Show all posts |Read mode
"If" and "when" are both conditional words, but they are used in different contexts.

"If" is used to describe a hypothetical situation or condition.

For example, "If it rains, I will bring an umbrella." This sentence means that the speaker will bring an umbrella only if it rains.

"When" is used to describe a situation or condition that is expected to occur at some point in the future.
For example,
"When I graduate, I plan to travel abroad." This sentence means that the speaker plans to travel abroad after they graduate.

▪️ If we identify potential roadblocks early on in the project, we can take proactive measures to address them and ensure that the project stays on track.
▪️ When we implement these changes, we can expect to see significant improvements in the user experience for our clients.
▪️ If we make any progress, I will send you an update. (If not, then I'll wait till we have some progress before sending you an update).
▪️ When we get the results, I will share the details with you.
▪️ Thank you for considering our proposal for your upcoming project. If you decide to move forward with us, we will provide you with regular updates on our progress. When the project is complete, we will deliver a final report detailing our findings and recommendations.

"If" and "when" can be used together in the same sentence to describe a hypothetical situation and a future expected condition.
For example,
"If and when we receive funding for the project, we will begin hiring new team members." This sentence means that the speaker will hire new team members only if they receive funding for the project. However, they also expect to receive funding at some point in the future.

▪️ If and when you decide to move forward with our proposal, we will provide you with a detailed timeline for the project and regular updates on our progress.
▪️ If and when you decide to move forward with our proposal, we will be ready to provide you with the services and support you need to achieve your goals.
▪️ If and when you approve the budget, we can proceed with the next phase of the project.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | 注册

Points Rules