Once we <do> 🆚 Once we <have done>

[Copy link]
View42 | Reply0 | 2023-5-31 08:10:17 | Show all posts |Read mode
Once we <have done>

Once we <do>

I'll share the meeting minutes with you once I've had the time to sort them out.

Once we get the reagent, we'll start right away.

After once, when, after, as soon as, and until (and similar words concerned with time relations) you can use either of those tenses.
Using the simple present focuses a little more on an immediate resulting action or state.
The present perfect can imply a greater amount of time before the resulting action is "completed".

✅ Once we receive your confirmation, we will get started on Step 3.
✅ As soon as we are given the specifics, we'll be able to make the necessary adjustments.

✅ I will send you an update, once I've completed the report.
✅ As soon as we've managed to resolve this issue, we'll arrange a meetign to run you through all the details. How does that sound?

Now, you can also use those to talk about things that happened in the past, the logic woudl be the same, but you'd be using Past Simple or Past Perfect.

▪️ Once we received your quotation, we sent out the approval email straight away. Please check your "Other" folder to see if it'd gone there.
▪️ As soon as I initiated a conversation, my counterparts seemed a lot more relaxed.
▪️ Once we'd done a thorough literature research, we realized that there was a potential solution to the problem at hand.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | 注册

Points Rules